Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Well, it's certainly been awhile. It's amazing how easy it is to get out of the habit of writing everyday. In my defense, it's not like I was sitting around on my butt all summer. Things have been busy in the radio world, and I got back onstage this summer to play Aaron Fox in the Sacramento regional premiere of Kander and Ebb's "Curtains"at Runaway Stage. The show was met with great reviews and I got to work with a lot of wonderful performers. Below is a clip of me performing the show's beautiful ballad, "I Miss The Music". I realize I am no Jason Danieley, so try not to judge me too hard, will you?



I am happy to say that I will be flying back to New York the week of October 4th to check out some shows. I'm very curious to see "Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson" which I have been intrigued by since I read the reviews from the Public Theater production. Also on tap for the trip are "Memphis" (a little late to the party on this, or wise to have stayed away depend on who you talk to), "Next to Normal" (interested to see this with the new cast), and a few more to be decided.

Anyone have suggestions? And if you are a reader of the blog, maybe we can meet for coffee while I'm in town and talk about the art that we all love so dearly.

Glad to be back in the saddle,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment